Neurofeedback and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity-Disorder (ADHD) in Children: Rating the Evidence and Proposed Guidelines
(Latest Research - March 2020)
If you prefer drugs you are on the wrong page!
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) as described by APA , is one of the most common mental disorders affecting children. ADHD also affects many adults. Symptoms of ADHD include inattention (not being able to keep focus), hyperactivity (excess movement that is not fitting to the setting) and impulsivity (hasty acts that occur in the moment without thought).
read more here - https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/adhd/what-is-adhd
How do we correct, rewire, retrain, boost and increase your neuro network?
First we must know if you have Delta, Theta, Alpha and/or beta wave imbalance? Then, we will do a brain scan also know as a QEEG - quantitative electroencephalogram. We put a cap of electrodes on Dr. Daniel Lau fellow engineering and scanned him. Thanks for being my model Daniel.
And from the results, we go directly to the area and train you.
Picture of Dr. Anthony Yee - Fellow of engineering testing 4 channel neurofeedback.
PSLE 2019 candidate on the right - ps. she did well and currently in a very good secondary school, express stream.
Some research articles:
- Neurofeedback outperforms ADHD medication for academic performance without side effects
- Neurofeedback changes brain structure in both grey and white matter related to attentional processes
- Lubar, J.F. and Shouse, M.N. (1976) EEG and Behavioral Changes in a Hyperkinetic Child Concurrent with Training of the Sensorimotor Rhythm (SMR): A Preliminary Report. Biofeedback Self Regul. 1976 Sep;1(3);293-306. ABSTRACT
- Lubar, J.O. & Lubar, J.F. (1984) Electroencephalographic Biofeedback of SMR and Beta for Treatment of Attention Deficit Disorders in a Clinical Setting. Biofeedback Self Regul. 1984 Mar;9(1):1-23. ABSTRACT
- Dyslexia: Speech Therapist finds Neurofeedback improves kids with Dyslexia
How many home based sessions to feel difference?
20-30 sessions to see a difference & 40- 60 sessions to complete training.
(of course more is better and 60 would be good enough). Lets look at the scan results first.
Brain training requires the shifting of electrodes to various parts of the brain. Optimally, the brain likes about 40mins a day like going to a gym and training a bicep/tricep. Over training can produce more negative than positive results. Just like cramping 10 chapters a night.
Will I see immediate results?
Was Rome built overnight? Note neurofeedback is NOT a miracle cure or overnight sensation. We simply increased the neuro networks so that the student is able to comprehend better, faster and easier. Now that nurture/neurofeedback has done it's part, nature will do its part too and time/patience is the key. DO NOT come if tomorrow or next week is your exam. We do not copy paste the answers into your brain . The teachers will teach and your kids will absorb better and that takes time.
A student who knows his or her work but stressed? Yes, we will reduce that stress and you will go into the examination hall with reduced anxiety and stress. (this will require about 5-10sessions of Infra slow fluctuation neurofeedback).
65 - 88228128 whats app Wilson - Neurofeedback Psychologist.